It's Called a Bubbler, Don'tcha Know?


My favorite thing about meeting new people in NYC is that they always ask me where I'm from. At first, they'll ponder my "accent" for a little bit..turning their head sideways with absolute confusion. When I proudly announce that I'm from Wiis-cooon-zin they always light up with an "Ah-ha, the Cheese State!" followed with an array of questions about the Packers, Brett Favre and Cow Tipping.

Not only does Wisconsin have a beautiful landscape and changing seasons, but it also offers some of the best schools and the friendliest people you will ever meet. This is a place where people actually care about each other. There is a great sense of pride and spirit when it comes to Wisconsin sports. In Madison, EVERYONE goes out on Badger game day. If you are a fellow Badger Fan you are welcome to drink a beer on any porch near Camp Randall, same thing goes with Packer Fans in Green Bay and Brewer Fans in Milwaukee.

No one can appreciate Wisconsin like people who've grown up there. I may be a bit biased, but Wisconsin has to be one of the most fantastic places to grow up. Recently Madison, WI was named "One of the Brainiest Cities in the United States" and also "One of the Top 10 American Cities to Raise Your Family." So it's obvious that others recognize the great things about Wisconsin too. So even if I get made fun of for asking where the bubbler is, telling people to turn right at the stop-and-go lights or for asking if they have cheese curds on the menu, I will always be true to where I'm from. I LOVE WISCONSIN!

*If you are planning a trip to Wisconsin anytime soon, check out this site to educate yourself on Wisco-Lingo and Things-To-Know before you go!